The Young Women’s Resource Center participants continue to rely on in-kind donations from the community to access basic supplies. Requests for in-kind donations are currently being limited to critical items necessary to clients and their families during this period of social/physical distancing.
- Size 6 Diapers and Pull-Ups
- Sanitizing Supplies: disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer
- Menstrual Pads: medium, heavy, and overnight
- Toilet Paper
- Grocery or Gas gift cards
- Full-Size Shampoo and Conditioner; especially for curly, kinky, coiled hair
- Unscented Baby Wipes
- Laundry Detergent
- Lip Balm
- Dish and Hand Soap
- Fabric pleated or Olson design with filter pocket masks
- Baby and Kids Mineral Based Sunscreen lotion or face stick
We are not currently accepting in-kind donations for drop off at the YWRC office. Instead, so that you may also practice safe social/physical distancing while showing your support, we ask that you please have items shipped to us directly. We have created a Target Registry including our critical need items that is set up to send to us directly. You are welcome to use other sites to source these items as well, or ship those you already have on hand to our office. Grocery and/or gas cards can also be mailed to the YWRC.
Mailing address: 818 5th Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50309
*We DO NOT accept car seats, clothing or travel-size personal care items.