The Auction is now live! Click here to browse and bid on items online.
YWRC Gala: Couch-ed, Not Cancelled!
Virtual YWRC Couch Gala
SATURDAY, JUNE 27, 2020
7:00 – 8:00 PM
Get ready to enjoy our annual gala from the comfort of your very own home!
The YWRC’s first priority will always be to support the safety and well-being of our participants, staff, volunteers and community. With thoughtful consideration of COVID-19 and the future uncertainty of large gatherings, we’ve determined it best to gather on Saturday, June 27th in a virtual space. We are committed to contributing to our community positively and are confident the decision to move to a virtual gala will help us do so.
WHAT DOES A YWRC COUCH GALA LOOK LIKE?
SATURDAY, JUNE 27, 2020
7:00 – 8:00 PM
VIRTUAL YWRC COUCH GALA!
The YWRC Couch Gala will bring you all the fan-favorite components of our annual gala, just through the wonders of technology instead of the ballroom (no uncomfortable shoes necessary). The event will include:
- Silent Auction full of one-of-a-kind items and experiences
- An update of all we’ve been up to in the last year
- Wine Pull raffle – a winner every time!
- Stories shared by community members
- Client-created artwork available for purchase
- A celebration of two YWRC client Woman of Worth awardees and the 2020 Louise Noun Visionary Woman Awardee, Katie Patterson
- Opportunities to be a champion for our girls and young women
- Check-ins with supporters from their watch parties
- Multiple live raffle winner drawings (must be watching to win)
- Energetic Live Auction complete with auctioneers
- …and more!
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Ready to join us on this new adventure?
Please register (‘pay what you want’ tickets) at our event site so we can be sure to send you the event link. This link will allow you access to join us for our virtual night of celebrating the resiliency of 1500 local girls and young women.
Already have your ticket(s)? We understand that this is not what you had in mind when you made your original purchase. Tickets for the revamped YWRC Couch Gala will now be sold as ‘pay what you want’ admission. Please let Erin know if you would like to keep your original payment as a donation to the YWRC, or if you would like a partial or full refund. We sincerely hope you will be able to join us virtually on June 27th.
Bidding and Donations:
Just like previous years, silent auction bidding and donations will be done through our BidPal event mobile site. New to mobile bidding or need a refresher? Watch this short, helpful ‘how to video’ here.
The silent auction is now live! Click here to browse and bid online. Bidding the night of the event will also be conducted through that link. At the end of the auction, you will be able to view the items you won and checkout via your device. Please note, you must be 21 years of age or older to participate in the auction bidding.
WHY IS THE YWRC GALA VIRTUAL THIS YEAR?
The YWRC’s first priority will always be to support the safety and well-being of our participants, staff, volunteers and community. As you may know, we originally rescheduled the 2020 gala from April 18th to June 27th. With thoughtful consideration of COVID-19 and the future uncertainty of large gatherings, we’ve determined it best to gather on Saturday, June 27th in a virtual space. We are committed to contributing to our community positively and are confident the decision to move to a virtual gala will help us do so.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US FOR THE YWRC COUCH GALA?
While COVID-19 has led to the closure of our office and cancellation of in-person programs, it certainly has not decreased the need for our services. We continue to provide programming, counseling, individual support and necessary care items to our participants with new delivery methods and tools.
By joining us for our virtual YWRC Couch Gala, YOU have the power to make sure the YWRC can carry on our critical services regardless of what is going on in the world around us. YOU have the power to let our participants know they are not forgotten, that they are worthy, that they are not alone. Choose the best seat in your home and join us in solidarity for a crucial (virtual) night of support on Saturday, June 27th a 7 p.m.
During the YWRC Couch Gala, we will acknowledge and celebrate a community member with the Louise Noun Visionary Woman and two YWRC participants with the Woman of Worth (WOW) awards:
- The YWRC is pleased to announce Katie Pattersonas the 2020 Louise Noun Visionary Woman awardee. This award is presented to a local leader who demonstrates the values of the YWRC and works to uplift community members. Patterson will deliver a speech and receive the award during the Gala program.
- The WOW award is presented to two YWRC clients who are positive role models for their peers, work to overcome challenges and exemplify the values of equity, resiliency, accessibility, community and advocacy. These awardees receive the award during the Gala program.
2020 YWRC COUCH GALA CO-CHAIRS:
Kari and Keith Karpinske
2020 YWRC COUCH GALA EMCEE:
2020 YWRC COUCH GALA COMMITTEE:
For more information about our response to COVID-19/Corona Virus and a list of resources, visit ywrc.org/covid-19. We thank you for your patience and understanding in this uncertain time and look forward to celebrating with you in June!
Questions? Please email Erin at [email protected].
*We define ‘girls and young women’ as any persons who have been socialized and/or identify as female.