Ambassadors are energetic, diverse individuals who support the YWRC’s mission to empower participants to be strong, self-confident and resilient. Ambassadors membership is open to anyone interested in helping to advance the interests of the YWRC.
Why you should get involved:
- Be a part of an organization solely focused on empowering participants to be strong, self-confident and resilient
- Receive information and education regarding YWRC activities, and critical issues in our community regarding empowerment, inclusivity and opportunities for growth
- Gain access to member only opportunities including networking, invitation to special events, member specific access/ticket prices to YWRC events and more
- Share your gifts through volunteer activities that support programs geared towards helping local youth reach their full potential
- Take advantage of specific and intentional paths to leadership roles within the organization (great for those looking to get even more involved)
- YOU will benefit by sharing your resources and support of a well-respected organization in Central Iowa. Additionally, your donation from your Ambassador membership directly supports youth in our community. Specifically, your donation supports 5th – 8th grade Empowerment Groups in Central Iowa (provided both in-person and virtually). The Empowerment Program serves more than 650 participants through 24 schools, on site at the YWRC and online. These programs focus on developing self-esteem, positive body image, healthy relationships/friendships and reproductive health knowledge.
Become an Ambassador today with a donation of $50. Membership, and the benefits accorded, is renewable annually, expiring one year after your donation.
- Emily Bahnsen (chair)
- Ariane Sundean
- Sara Hopkins
- Julia Mason Gray
- Carissa Schmidt
Follow us on Facebook to catch all the latest updates.
Questions? Send the team an email.