SAVE THE DATE for the next Sex Trivia Night: Wednesday, February 7, 2024!
Twice a year, guests 21+ are invited to join the YWRC Ambassadors Board for a fact-packed night of fun and competition. This event will put your reproductive health know-how to the test. Guests will also learn more about the mission, values, and programs offered at the YWRC and how they can help raise awareness of the YWRC’s impact. Trivia teams will compete for prizes and bragging rights.
Thank you to everyone who joined us for Sex Trivia on Wednesday, August 2 at Teehee’s Comedy Club! We had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed our time with you. Special thanks to our sponsor shown above (Kari Stone, Sampson Family Therapy, and Teehee’s Comedy Club), our rockstar emcee Mollie Git Down, and the always fantastic performers Vana B and Tyona Diamond.
Check out photos from the event on the YWRC Facebook page here.
YWRC Ambassadors are energetic, diverse individuals who support the YWRC’s mission to empower participants to be strong, self-confident and resilient. Ambassadors Board roles are open, based on capacity, to anyone interested in helping to advance the interests of the YWRC.
Interested in joining the YWRC Ambassadors Board? Complete this application form and send it to [email protected]. Contact us via email. You can also support the Ambassadors by attending the variety of community events we hold each year, including Sex Trivia and Happiness Hour.
Why you should get involved:
- Be a part of an organization solely focused on empowering participants to be strong, self-confident and resilient
- Receive information and education regarding YWRC activities, and critical issues in our community regarding empowerment, inclusivity and opportunities for growth
- Gain access to member only opportunities including networking, invitation to special events, member specific access/ticket prices to YWRC events and more
- Share your gifts through volunteer activities that support programs geared towards helping local youth reach their full potential
- Take advantage of specific and intentional paths to leadership roles within the organization (great for those looking to get even more involved)
- YOU will benefit by sharing your resources and support of a well-respected organization in Central Iowa. Additionally, your donation from your Ambassador membership directly supports youth in our community. Specifically, your donation supports 5th – 8th grade Empowerment Groups in Central Iowa (provided both in-person and virtually). The Empowerment Program serves more than 650 participants through 24 schools, on site at the YWRC and online. These programs focus on developing self-esteem, positive body image, healthy relationships/friendships and reproductive health knowledge.
Hailey Allen, Vice President
Casey Middleswart, At Large Board Member
Erin Moran, Staff Liaison
Dani Neu, At Large Board Member
Meredith Scott, At Large Board Member
Kari Stone, President
Ariane Sundean, Former President
Maria Volante, YWRC Board Liaison
Follow us on Facebook to catch all the latest updates.
Questions? Send the team an email.