Thank you to everyone who joined us for our fan-favorite Sex Trivia event on Thursday, September 8 at Tonic on Court Avenue. 37 participants/8 teams put their reproductive health knowledge to the test and raised $776.60 for the YWRC!
YWRC Ambassadors are energetic, diverse individuals who support the YWRC’s mission to empower participants to be strong, self-confident and resilient. Ambassadors membership is open to anyone interested in helping to advance the interests of the YWRC.
Become an Ambassador today with a donation of $50. Membership, and the benefits accorded, is renewable annually, expiring one year after your donation.
Why you should get involved:
- Be a part of an organization solely focused on empowering participants to be strong, self-confident and resilient
- Receive information and education regarding YWRC activities, and critical issues in our community regarding empowerment, inclusivity and opportunities for growth
- Gain access to member only opportunities including networking, invitation to special events, member specific access/ticket prices to YWRC events and more
- Share your gifts through volunteer activities that support programs geared towards helping local youth reach their full potential
- Take advantage of specific and intentional paths to leadership roles within the organization (great for those looking to get even more involved)
- YOU will benefit by sharing your resources and support of a well-respected organization in Central Iowa. Additionally, your donation from your Ambassador membership directly supports youth in our community. Specifically, your donation supports 5th – 8th grade Empowerment Groups in Central Iowa (provided both in-person and virtually). The Empowerment Program serves more than 650 participants through 24 schools, on site at the YWRC and online. These programs focus on developing self-esteem, positive body image, healthy relationships/friendships and reproductive health knowledge.
Hailey Allen, At Large Board Member
Emily Bahnsen, Past President
Michaela Devaney Lowe, Memberships Chair
Erin Moran, Staff Liaison
Dani Neu, At Large Board Member
Meredith Scott, At Large Board Member
Kathryn Skilton, Events Chair
Kari Stone, At Large Board Member
Ariane Sundean, President
Maria Volante, YWRC Board Liaison
Follow us on Facebook to catch all the latest updates.
Questions? Send the team an email.