Back to School Bash
- YWRC Back to School Bash will take place in the YWRC parking lot and will be offered to all YWRC participants ages 10-24 (this includes those who have been involved before AND those who are interested and/or new to the YWRC). This includes Empowerment participants, Counseling clients and Young Mom participants and their kiddos.
- This FREE event will take place on Thursday, August 19th from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- As of right now, masks are required for folks that are not vaccinated or are unable to get vaccinated. Masks are still required in the YWRC building. Masks will be provided for those that do not have one.
- Our restrooms will be open and masks are required for all to enter the building.
- Food will be available. We have a lovely group of volunteers that will be grilling food! If you have any food allergies or dietary needs please feel free to bring your own snacks/meal.
- If additional caregiver/guardian or other household members plan to attend please indicate this number on the registration form that way we can provide an adequate amount of meals for everyone.
- School Supplies will be available for each participant to take home.
- Due to the current state of COVID-19, the YWRC is still trying to be as safe as possible, we will be able to provide limited transportation to the event and ask that, if able, participants find their own transportation.
- Nearby parking lots will be available to park in as well as meter parking around the YWRC building.
- The YWRC address is: 818 5th Ave, Des Moines, Iowa, 50309.
- Registrations are FREE and are accepted at a first come, first serve basis. We enroll participants as we receive their registration forms and will stop accepting registration forms 2 weeks before the event.
- Please fill out the Registration Form and submit in via email to [email protected], fax to 515.243.5073, or to our office at 818 5th Ave Des Moines, IA 50309.
- Staff at the Young Women’s Resource Center will make confirmation emails or phone calls prior to the event.
- If at any point, your plans to attend the Back to School Bash change, please call us at 515.244.4901 or email [email protected]
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/ywrc/public_html/releases/20191125233823/content/themes/ywrc/lib/theme-helpers.php on line 323
The Young Women’s Resource Center holds weekly after school groups for young women in the Des Moines area in 5th through 12th grades. These groups explore a variety of topics such as body image, self-esteem, reproductive health and healthy relationships. They include hands-on activities, field trips, guest speakers and community service projects. (Groups are currently held online and meet in a virtual space. Project-specific activity kits are provided for participants.)
Details: YWRC Back to School Bash will take place in the YWRC parking lot and will be offered to all YWRC participants ages 10-24 (this includes those who have been involved before AND those who are interested and/or new to the YWRC). This includes Empowerment participants, Counseling clients and Young Mom participants and their […]
The term doula comes from ancient Greek which means, “a woman who serves”. Today Birth Doulas provide practical, emotional, physical, spiritual and informational support. Birth doulas stand by their clients during pregnancy, birth and postpartum. Doulas aim to empower clients to have the birth they want, as well as have autonomy over their birth and body.